Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Reading Project Horror

FINAL BOOK BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO MOTHAFRUCKAS! YEAH! ONE MORE!

First, before talking about this last book, I'd like to write a quick letter to Mr. Perlman, the one who started this whole project all those weeks ago.

MY LIFE FOR LORD PERLMAN! SACRIFICE!
Mr. Perlman,
YOU ARE AWESOME! I NEVER WOULD HAVE FINISHED ANOTHER BOOK IN ONE DAY! YOU LET ME READ A SHORT STORY AS MY LAST BECAUSE YOU ARE THE COOLEST! I WILL SACRIFICE A GOAT IN YOUR HONOR!
~~~~ Max

Yog-Sothoth... Now picture that with Payis and a Keepah
Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. In case you didn't get it from that little letter, I get to just read a short story as my last project. Since I recently read Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness, I decided to continue to the trend and read his novelette, "The Dunwich Horror". Aren't his names just the most uplifting? So, I haven't started reading yet, but from what I gather from other Lovecraft tales that mention the Dunwich Horror, it is a large monstrosity related the Old God Yog-Sothoth. I feel like that would be a difficult name to get by in life with. Kids would make fun of it, teachers would mispronounce it, and job interviews would just be awkward. "Yes... Mr. Sothoth? Or is it Yog? Can I just call you Soth?" Oy Givalt. I shudder just thinking about that. Although Yog-Sothoth Benowitz could be a funny name. Some kind of crossbreed between Jew and... um.... I couldn't follow up that joke because I have no idea what ethnicity Yog-Sothoth would be. German? Maybe? Whatever, I don't have the time to try to figure this out. I must go read.

Soon I'll actually tell you the plot!

I'll be writing more quite soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment